29 June 2008
19 June 2008
1. At the beginning of the year feast, who is the only person who rudely interrupts Dumbledore during his speech?
b. Professor Umbridge
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonalgall’s class when Umbrdige is doing her inspection?
b. The Shrinking Spell
5. Who comes to warn Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army that Umbridge and her group of followers are coming to break up their meeting?
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry.
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
9. At what age did Sirius leave his home?
10. How many of the original Order members were killed (don’t include those who disappeared)?
Post these pictures to your blog. They must either be posted or linked to from your blog in order to receive points.
13 June 2008
A few days after bringing it home, I got dressed for dinner and met my parents in the dining hall. Dinner was brought to me, and when I looked at it I said, "What the bloody hell is that?!" My parents looked at me in horror, and then anger. I was sent to my bedroom for my foul mouth. After they were done eating, my mother came to my room and asked me where I learned such language and I told her from Duncan. Apparently, that jarvey's speak in rudes phrases and insults slipped her mind. Soon after that incident, Duncan left the house. My parents said they sent it to some family in France.
So, while jarvey's might be cute, they can be problematic if you care what your children say.]
My trip with my mother was fabulous. She took me to Paris and then we spent time with my family in Provence. Shopping in Paris... to die for!
03 June 2008
See you next week!
(erm, wish me luck, I am going to be in the midst of moving hell... times like this I wish I really knew magic!)
28 May 2008
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Albus Dumbledore's middle names?
3. Which educational decree introduced a High Inquisitor to Hogwarts?23
4. Apart from Harry, Ron and Hermione, who was the first person to enter the Hog's Head that showed an interest in Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes?
5. In the first Quidditch match of the year which player attempted to score first?
6. What kind of bush does Harry hide behind to listen to the news?
A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore's Army) meeting in the Hog's Head pub?
He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago.
8. When Harry and Cho go on their first date to Madam Puddifoot's in Hogsmeade, what is it decorated with for Valentine's Day?
Golden cherubs and pink confetti
9. How old is Sturgis Podmore and where does he live?
38 and number 2
10. What did Fred and George Weasley do to Montague?
Forced him head-first into a Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Fred and George Weasley (Together)
Hog’s Head Pub
Mr. Weasley & Harry (Together)
20 May 2008
3 on each end... for a total of 6
2. Who was portrayed in the picture that kept screaming in the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix?
Mrs Walburga Black
3. Who was giving Hagrid all of those bruises and cuts?
His half-brother Grawp
4. Who left his shift early, leaving Harry open to a dementor attack?
5. What was the name of the Squib who came to Harry's side after the attack?
Mrs Arabella Figg
6. What position was Percy promoted to that made him have a 'row' with Mr. Weasley?
Junior Assistant to Fudge
7. What secret does Hermione know about Rita Skeeter?
That she is an unregistered animagus.
8. Name one person other than Sirius Black who was scratched off of the Family tree wall?
9. Who discovers the room of requirement?
Dobby takes Harry there.
10. Where is the first DA meeting held?
Hog's Head Tavern
18 May 2008
Your Patronus is a dragon. Dragons are very rare and mythical creatures. Though deadly and quick-tempered, they make a powerful ally. It takes time and patience to gain a dragon's trust, but once you do, nothing will be able to shatter that trust:)
What form does YOUR patronus take?
17 May 2008
14 May 2008
I also found out who my partner is for the new intra-house relations program they are instating this year... Cressida Townsbury! I am thrilled to be able to give gifts and such to her... even if she is Gryffindor. Joking! But really... red and yellow?? Ok I am done.
I heard whispers through the halls that quiddich is going to be starting soon... cheering my fellow Slytherins on at the pitch? That'll be so fun.
Oooo, gotta run, my family's owl just came with a big package!
09 May 2008
"You would be best a Potions! You are highly intelligent, and have both the brains and discipline to do well at such a complicated subject. You may not be the most outgoing of people, but you have the ability to do some very powerful magic, and you know it."
Take the quiz here!
08 May 2008
I can't wait to start the term and get to know my fellow classmates. Mum took me shopping today and I got my wand.
|Wood type: cherry|
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Kelpie Hair
It really feels good in my hand and I even was able to do some simple spells with it when I got home. I can't wait to learn more!